The Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) has established a general PK-12 education email discussion list called WIPK-12. This list is open to DPI staff and educators throughout the state. Instructions on how to subscribe to this list are given below.
WIPK-12 is designed to facilitate interactive, electronic communication among the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction and the state's PK-12 education community.
The DPI will use this list to:
- send out routine correspondence, notices of meetings, position papers, etc.
- send out budget alerts and other budget-related information
- send out updates on state and federal legislative activities
- send out notices of major additions to the DPI Web page
The WIPK-12 list also is intended to be used as a forum for Wisconsin educators to hold interactive discussions on PK-12-related issues. WIPK-12 is an open, unmoderated list. Anyone associated with Wisconsin elementary, middle/junior high, high schools or PK-12 education (i.e. CESAs, schools of education, etc.) can subscribe. WIPK-12 is open to private schools too.
- Send an e-mail message to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will receive an email message requiring you to confirm your subscription by clicking on a link within the message.
- After following the above procedure, you will receive a return email message confirming your subscription to the WIPK-12 email list.
- Messages are sent to all list members by sending an email to: email@example.com
- Your message will then be sent to everyone subscribed to the WIPK-12 list.
Some guidelines for effective use by all WIPK-12 subscribers:
- Indicate the SUBJECT in the header.
- "Sign" the body of your message with your name, address/affiliation and e-mail address (since some e-mail systems do not display this in the header.) Most e-mail software allows you to create and save a "signature" which you can add automatically.
- If you want to reply to an individual and not the whole list, make sure that that person's e-mail address and not the listserv address is in the TO: field in the header of your reply.
- If you post a request for information and receive responses to you, individually, rather than via the whole list, it is appropriate and appreciated if you would post a summary of these responses to the whole list. This provides general professional awareness for all subscribers and may help avoid duplicate requests in the future.
If you are UNsubscribing because your e-mail address is changing, please do it BEFORE your old address is deactivated!
- To unsubscribe from WIPK-12, send an e-mail message to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- After following the above procedure, you will receive a return email message confirming your removal from the WIPK-12 email list.
Please notify other educators about the WIPK-12 email discussion list. The department also has an email list called WIPUIBLIB which is targeted at staff in our state's public libraries and public library systems.
If you have any problems or questions related to the WIPK-12 list, please contact:
WI Department of Public Instruction
125 S. Webster St, Madison WI 53702
608-267-9039 FAX 608-267-1075